VMware vSphere ESXi is a free bare-metal hypervisor that virtualizes servers so you can consolidate your applications on less hardware.
In this tutorial we are going to install the VMware vSphere ESXi 5.5
- Click here to download ESXi hypervisor.
- Burn the ISO and boot from it.
- Choose ESXi-5.5.0 Installer
- The Installer is loading all the modules to install ESXi
- Press Enter to start the installation wizard
- Press F11 to accept the EULA
- Select the disk where you want to install ESXi and press Enter
- Select you keyboard layout and press Enter
- Enter your root password (at least 7 characters)
- Press F11 to install ESXi
- This will take a few minutes
- Remove the CD/ DVD and press Enter to reboot the server
- The installation is now complete. If you have DHCP enabled you can now manage your ESXi host.
- Go to the webpage http://IPoftheESXi/. Accept the certificate. Download and install the vSphere Client. Start the vSphere Client, enter the IP of the ESXi host, username root, root password and press Login
- Select “Install this certificate…” and press Ignore
- Click on the summary tab to view details about your ESXi.